Agenda and minutes

Venue: Council Chamber - Guildhall, Windsor. View directions

Items
No. Item

22.

WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS

Welcome from the Chairman.

 

Introductions around the room.

Minutes:

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and conducted around the table introductions.

 

23.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

To receive any Apologies for absence.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from

Councillor Samantha Rayner,

Councillor Fiona Hewer, Cookham Parish Council,

Bob Austen, Eton Town Council,

Katy Jones, Datchet Parish Council,

Horton Parish Council,

Wraysbury Parish Council

Sarika Varma, Highways Project Manager, RBWM

24.

MINUTES FROM LAST CONFERENCE pdf icon PDF 72 KB

To agree the Minutes from the last Conference.

Minutes:

The minutes of the last Conference were unanimously agreed.

 

ACTION: Jenifer Jackson to contact White Waltham Parish Council to see if they were interested to participate in the devolution on planning powers exercise.

 

25.

TRANSPORT IN RURAL AREAS (20 Minutes)

Lynne Penn, Transport & Access Team Leader to discuss transport in rural areas and to discuss views and specific issues highlighted by Parish Councils.

Minutes:

The Chairman informed the Conference that there was currently no update on transport in rural areas, however, a review was currently being carried out and an update would be provided at the next Conference in February 2017.

 

ACTION: Harjit Hunjan to ensure that all Parish Councils are contacted as part of the review.

 

ACTION: Clerk to ensure that Email from Cookham Parish Council was passed to Lynne Penn and a response is given.

 

26.

UPDATE ON THE PARISH CONFERENCE HOTLINE NUMBER AND SERVICE (5 Minutes)

Harjit Hunjan to update the Conference on the hotline number usage.

Minutes:

Harjit Hunjan, Community and Business Partnership Manager provided the Conference with an update on the Parish Conference Hotline number and service. Harjit Hunjan reminded members that Jacqui Hurd, Head of Customer Services, had attended the last Conference and informed all of the new contact number.

 

ACTION: Clerk to send all Parish Conference’s the electronic and hardcopy of the contact list.

 

Members raised the following points:

·         Was it better to contact the council through the generic email or personal email that were already being used. Russell O’Keefe suggested that it was better to contact the generic email as these were monitored.

·         Responses are not received even when generic emails are used. Parish Councils not happy with the service.

·         Russell O’Keefe asked for specific examples to be sent to him to investigate.

·         A 48 hour response would be better. This would depend on each individual circumstance.

·         It was mainly the planning and enforcement issues that were not responded too quickly enough.

 

ACTION: Parish Councils to send specific example to Russell O’Keefe to investigate on Russell.O'Keefe@RBWM.gov.uk

 

ACTION: This item on next Conference agenda.

27.

PRESENTATION BY BRAY PARISH COUNCIL ON BRAYWOOD CEMETERY (15 Minutes)

A Presentation by Chris Yates, Bray Parish Councillor, on Braywood Cemetery Project.

Minutes:

Chris Yates, Bray Parish Councillor, gave a presentation on the memorial that has been erected in Bray Parish.

 

Chris Yates informed the Conference of the following points:

·         Bray Parish is in three main areas, Bray, Holyport and Fifield and Oakley Green.

·         Currently there is an external memorial in Bray and Holyport and there was one in a church in Fifield. The church was demolished and the memorial plaques were placed at the back of a village hall, on a wall. These were not recognised on Remembrance Day except for one wreath placed in the village hall.

·         The Parish Council came up with the idea to erect a new memorial in Fifield.

·         If the memorial was artistic, S106 monies could be used towards it.

·         A location was found in Fifield, an old run down cemetery.

·         The project was managed by Councillor Chris Yates.

·         The issues:

o   Finance – from donations, S106, Councillors and the community.

o   Planning Permission - ecclesiastical, parish church, diocese and RBWM.

o   Commissioning – quarry, sculptor, stonemason and graphic designer.

o   Challenges – S106, community cooperation, permission, disputes and advice from NALC (the parish council cannot build or put up a new memorial but another body can, the local Oakley Green and Fifield Association could.

o   Construction – foundation, installation and landscaping.

·         The inscription on the memorial read “For all those who served and fell”. The memorial is everlasting, for those you served or are serving.

·         The cost for the memorial was £10,000.

 

28.

LEGAL IMPLICATIONS OF CIL (30 Minutes)

Shared Legal Solutions and Jenifer Jackson, Borough Planning Officer to provide information on how CIL will affect Parishes.

Minutes:

Jenifer Jackson, Head of Planning gave a presentation to the Conference which covered the legal implications of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).

 

The presentation is attached.

 

The points to note included:

·         Implemented on 1 September 2016.

·         Collecting the monies was non negotiable.

·         Paid on commencement of the development.

·         Where a neighbourhood plan already developed, 25% of CIL would be passed directly to the parish council.

·         There are a number of neighbourhood plans in the submission phase.

·         Regulation 59 has more detail of CIL can be spent on.

·         The spending does have to be reported.

·         If the CIL is not spent in five years, the authority could ask for it back.

 

Other points raised by the Head of Planning included:

·         There are a number of consultations which are currently live on the Communities and Local Government website. Please see link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications?keywords=&publication_filter_option=consultations&topics%5B%5D=planning-and-building&departments%5B%5D=all&official_document_status=all&world_locations%5B%5D=all&from_date=&to_date=

 

Sunningdale Parish Council asked how the local authority would coordinate all the activities from all the parish councils. Jenifer Jackson advised the Hilary Oliver would be leading on S106. Other authorities had been looked at and the team were planning to hold detailed workshops with all parish councils and address issues.

 

Other points considered by the Conference members included:

·         There had been no monies collected yet so no payments would be made in October 2016.

·         The reporting should include clearly in accounts how the CIL monies had been spent.

·         The reporting would be separate from S106 reporting.

·         Prioritisation of projects would be very important.

·         The authority would have to work very closely with the parish councils.

·         Parish councils didn’t have to stick to their neighbourhood plans.

·         The government understands that local areas could change so are making processes easier if neighbourhood plans were to be refreshed.

·         CIL monies would be paid automatically to parish councils.

·         There would be no effect as a result of the Heathrow decision.

·         The timetable of the borough local plan was as follows:

 

Timescale

Details

Target Date

2 December 2016- 13 January 2018

Regulation 18 Consultation and further duty to cooperate

13 January 2018

3 December - 13 February 2017

Consider and process all representations (as they are received) and then prepare final Regulation 19 Local Plan Publication

13 February 2017

21 February 2017

Council approve Regulation 19 Local Plan Publication

21 February 2017

22 February - 5 April 2017

Regulation 19 Consultation completed

5 April 2017

22 February - 5 April 2017

Collate representations (as they are received) and then Final Submission to Secretary of State

6 April 2017

 

29.

ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS

Members to suggest items for future meetings.

Minutes:

Parish Conference Members reminded to contact DALC, Sandra Baker to suggest items for future meetings.

30.

DATE OF NEXT CONFERENCE

Members to note date of next meeting is: WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2016.

Minutes:

The Conference noted that the date of the next Parish Conference was Wednesday 22 February 2017.