Agenda and minutes

Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall, Maidenhead. View directions

Contact: Wendy Binmore  01628 796251

Audio-recording: To listen, click here or to download and listen later, right click and save as an mp3

Items
No. Item

66.

Apologies for Absence

To receive any apologies for absence.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Jesse Grey and Councillor Clasper.

67.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 93 KB

To confirm the Part I minutes from the previous meeting.

Minutes:

The minutes of the last meeting were Unanimously Agreed by the Group.

68.

Update from the Environment Agency

To receive an update from the Environment Agency.

Minutes:

Members noted the following main points from the Environment Agency (EA) update:

 

·         A recent discharge from Slough Sewage Treatment Works had been investigated. It was an abnormal process discharge and there appeared to be no reasons behind it. The impact from it was not however high and there was no effect on the quality of water in the receiving watercourses. This incident was still be investigated.

·         The temporary defences and deployment plans have been reviewed and further modelling work has been undertaken. The results were as follows:

o   Windsor/Old Windsor/Clewer – There had been improvement / reduction in the modelled risk, hence temporary defences were no longer required.

o   Wraysbury – modelling indicated some detriment, and revised alignment being considered.

o   Datchet – The modelling  had indicated that the  previous alignment, of the barrier was likely to be  outflanked and needed to be extended further.

·         Brianne Vally informed the Group that the Environment Agency would be meeting with all Parishes in the next few weeks to look at and investigate further.

·         The Datchet Parish Councillors explained that there were two types of flooding in Datchet, from the river and ground water which came up from the recharge of the gravels and that different solutions were required at different locations.

·         Parish Councillor for Wraysbury, Margaret Lenton informed the Group that recent temporary works undertaken on a weir on the Colne Brook, near Colne Way had made flooding worst in recent weeks and that the river was now too high to remove these works. An investigation was required and  solutions.

 

ACTION: The EA to investigate issues in the area between Ferry Lane and Colne Way  and report back as soon as possible.

 

·         The consultation for the strategic review of the Environment Agency’s charges had now completed. Councillor Beer requested that the results of the consultation be publicised and sent to the Members of this Group.

 

ACTION: The EA to send results of the consultation to the Group.

 

·         David Bedlington had taken over the role as project lead on the River Thames Scheme. Full funding for this scheme was still to be secured and there was some discussion regarding the current funding position.

·         Community engagement had been scaled back, only the newsletter and the website were now used. Any concerns could be addressed to Brianne Vally.

·         The Datchet Parish Councillor highlighted that there had been rumours that the scheme had been cancelled as there was no funding going forward.

·         The Parish Councils requested a clear unambiguous statement from the Environment Agency on the funding of the River Thames Scheme.

 

ACTION: The Chairman to discuss the current funding position of the River Thames Scheme with the Leader of the Council.

 

·         Councillor Beer raised concerns regarding flows in the River Thames originating from further upstream stating that the Council had no influence over these flows and should not be expected to contribute towards the costs of the River Thames scheme, suggesting that the scheme should be fully funded by the government

·         Brianne  ...  view the full minutes text for item 68.

69.

Update from Thames Water

To receive an update from Thames Water.

Minutes:

No updates from Thames Water.

70.

Update from RBWM

To receive an update from the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.

Minutes:

No updates from RBWM.

 

Simon Lavin informed the Group that his action from the last set of minutes, relating to the investigation of planning conditions imposed on gravel extraction sites in the Horton and Wraysbury areas  was still to be completed.

71.

Update from Thames Water

To receive an update from Parish Councils.

72.

Actions from Previous Meeting

To receive an update on actions carried out from previous meetings.

Minutes:

These had been addressed under other Agenda items.

 

73.

Dates of Future Meetings

The dates of future meetings are still to be confirmed.

Minutes:

The Group noted that the dates for future meetings were still to be confirmed.

 

AOB

 

Datchet Parish Council thanked the Environment Agency for the work on the Myrke stream,. A first class job was done.

 

Proposed work on Southlea Road, as part of the River Thames Scheme would  have an effect on the Datchet water intake and this needed to be discussed with Thames Water. Datchet Parish Council are  still awaiting the flood risk assessment.