Agenda and minutes
Venue: Grey Room - York House
Contact: Shilpa Manek 01628 796310
Video Stream: Click here to watch this meeting on YouTube
APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN
To appoint a Chairman for the duration of the meeting.
Councillor Baldwin proposed that Councillor Cannon be Chairman of the Sub-Committee. This was seconded by Councillor Bhangra.
RESOLVED UNANIMOUSLY: that Councillor Cannon be Chairman of the Sub-Committee
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive any apologies for absence.
No apologies for absence had been received.
To receive any declarations of interest.
Councillor Cannon declared that he was the ward Councillor for the area that the application was in.
To note the procedural details for the meeting.
The Clerk went through the procedures that the Sub-Committee would follow. These were noted by all present.
To consider an application of a new premises licence under The Licensing Act 2003 for Ditton Manor, Ditton Park Road, Datchet, SL3 7JB.
The applicant is Active Hospitality Management Limited.
The Reporting Officer presented the application. The application was to:
1. To Licence an historical landmark premises and grounds operated as a meeting / conferencing and events venue. Set in a prime location surrounded by a centuries old moat and situated within beautiful manicured just off the M4 and 10 Minutes from Heathrow Airport. There were 15 function rooms which could accommodate up to 330 delegates, a permanent marquee was also available
which had a capacity of 1050.
2. The premises had the benefit of an existing premises licence which also covered the botanica offices of CBRE – PL060139. This licence will be a stand-alone licence for Active Hospitality Limited.
A summary of the application is as follows:
· Performance of Plays (Indoor and Outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Showing of Films (Indoor and Outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Live Music (E) (Indoor and Outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Recorded Music (F) (Indoor and Outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Performances of Dance (Indoor and Outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Anything of a similar description to that falling within e,f or g. Race Nights and
Similar (Indoor and outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Late Night Refreshments (Indoor and Outdoor): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
· Supply of Alcohol (On and Off the premises): Monday – Sunday 10am – 1am
The Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) was Mr. Robert Lees.
Where, as here, relevant representations had been made, the licensing authority must hold a hearing to consider them, unless agreed by the parties. The Licensing and Public Space Protection Order Sub-Committee could take steps as were appropriate for the promotion of the Licensing Objectives as relevant.
To be “relevant”, the representation had to relate to the likely effect of the grant of the licence on the promotion of at least one of the four licensing objectives which are set out in the Licensing Act 2003.
The four licensing objectives are.
• The prevention of crime and disorder.
• Public safety.
• The prevention of public nuisance; and
• The protection of children from harm.
In this case no representations had been received from the responsible authorities; Environmental Health, RBFRS, Planning Officer, Local Safeguarding Children's Board (LSCB), Public Health, Trading Standards, Thames Valley Police and RBWM Licensing.
Three representations had been received from other persons which were in Appendix C.
The Reporting Officer went through the options that the Sub-Committee had.
Questions to the Reporting Officer from Members:
Councillor Baldwin asked about the reference to firework displays and that there could only be ten every year. Was this a RBWM policy or was this agreed at the stage the initial application was granted. The Reporting Officer informed the Sub-Committee that this was a legacy number and not a Borough policy nor was it in the Licensing Act.
Councillor Cannon asked how long the current licence had been in act. The Reporting Officer could not confirm an exact date. However, the licence had never ... view the full minutes text for item 10.