Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall, Maidenhead. View directions

Contact: Wendy Binmore  01628796251

Audio-recording: To listen, click here or to download and listen later, right click and save as an mp3

Items
No. Item

9.

Apologies for Absence

To receive any apologies for absence.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Haseler and Singh.

10.

Declarations of Interest pdf icon PDF 219 KB

To receive any Declarations of Interest.

Minutes:

None.

11.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 94 KB

To confirm the Minutes of the previous meeting.

Minutes:

RESOLVED UNANIMOUSLY: That the minutes of the meeting held on 18 June 2019 be approved.

 

The Chairman wished to clarify his comments regarding the setting up of the Task and Finish Groups. He stated he had suggested a Task and Finish Group to look at green policies subject to the decision at Full Council on the Emergency Climate Change Motion, for example if the motion was carried then there would be a cross-Party working group, and no need to run a separate Task and Finish Group.

 

He added that and Task and Finish Group that may look at green issues, should not include infrastructure, moreover they should be two separate Groups, which indeed has happened.

12.

Task & Finish Group Scope and Terms of Reference - Homelessness Strategy pdf icon PDF 347 KB

To outline and confirm the Terms of Reference and scope of the above Task and Finish Group.

Minutes:

Members discussed the scoping document and agreed that the Task and Finish Group would include points C, D, and E listed on the scoping document which were:

 

·         To explore models from elsewhere (to reduce rough sleeping) that include holistic approaches involving accommodation, learning and employment.

·         To review a feasibility study for the potential for future hostel accommodation.

·         To provide a critical friend approach to the refresh of the Homelessness Action Plan by feeding into the formulation of the strategy (drafts to be available by the end of 2019).

 

Once the scope was agreed, Members discussed the rest of the scoping document and agreed its contents. A proposed work plan was produced which included:

 

·         Task & Finish Group 1: Understand where the service currently was and where it was heading. The meeting would also look at the perceived best practice when dealing with homelessness. The relevant Lead Member would also be invited to the Task and Finish Group to provide his views and input into discussion.

·         Task & Finish Group 2: Evidence and data gathering. Inviting local charitable groups such as the Windsor Homeless Project, and More than a Shelter as well as larger organisations such as Crisis and Shelter to gain a better understanding of the local and national picture, and to see what best practice could look like.

·         Members of the Task and Finish Group may make trips to other Council’s to see what their best practice looks like and how the Borough could improve their own strategies.

·         Task & Finish Group 3: Conclusion session before returning to Infrastructure Overview & Scrutiny Panel with final recommendations on 4 February 2020. The final report of recommendations produced by the Task & Finish Group would be considered by Cabinet on 26 March 2020.

 

The Chairman, in conjunction with the Lead Officer will propose dates and times for the Task & Finish Group to meet; and the Panel accepted that they may need to meet informally to plan sessions in advance, including developing the format and questions for an public or partners attending the session.

 

The Panel agreed that the Members of the Infrastructure Overview & Scrutiny Panel would make up the membership of the Task & Finish Group but, other Members could be co-opted onto the Group and take part in all discussions. Interested parties were also welcome to attend however, if any voting took place, that voting would be limited to the full Members of the Task & Finish Group.

13.

Task & finish Group Scope and Terms of Reference - Infrastructure and CIL pdf icon PDF 315 KB

To outline and confirm the Terms of Reference and scope of the above Task and Finish group.

Minutes:

Members discussed the scoping document and agreed that the Task and Finish Group would include points D and E listed on the scoping document and an additional point added by the Panel which were:

 

·         What current arrangements are in place to support infrastructure in Maidenhead with the current zero CIL rate – and to include developments that are not in an area with a Local Plan.

·         To consider the working relationships with Parishes to define and deliver on infrastructure priorities; and how other groups in unparished areas spent CIL funding.

·         To look at previous schemes and identify where they were successful and where they could identify areas for improvement.

 

Once the scope was agreed, Members discussed the rest of the scoping document and agreed its contents. A proposed work plan was then produced which included:

 

·         Task & Finish Group 1: CIL Manager to provide training and data gathering at the next Infrastructure Overview & Scrutiny Panel meeting on 17 September 2019.

·         Task & Finish Group 2: To look at previous schemes and identify failures and successes and where lessons could be learned.

·         Task & Finish Group 3: To look at the working relationships with Parishes and other groups that are responsible for spending CIL funding.

·         Conclusion session before returning to Infrastructure Overview & Scrutiny Panel with final recommendations in early 2020. The final report and any  recommendations produced by the Task & Finish Group could be considered by Cabinet at a date to be agreed.

 

The Chairman, in conjunction with the Lead Officer will propose dates and times for the Task & Finish Group to meet; and the Panel accepted that they may need to meet informally to plan sessions in advance, including developing the format and questions for an public or partners attending the session.

 

The Panel also agreed that the Task & Finish Group on Infrastructure and CIL would follow the same membership as the Task & Finish Group on Homelessness and be made up of Members of the Infrastructure Overview & Scrutiny Panel. Other Members could be co-opted onto the Group and take part in all discussions. Interested parties were also welcome to attend however, if any voting took place, that voting would be limited to the full Members of the Task & Finish Group.